Saturday, August 20, 2011

Unemployed and Homeless

Well, almost.
I have three days left of work, leaving next Saturday, 8/27. I'm packing and stocking up on all things ginger (anti-nausea)--and, of course, prunes--the sea sickness medication constipates!

As I pack, I'm thinking of what I'll miss most about Olympia. Here's my top 5:
5). Un-manicured lawns and no shame in growing corn or waist high weeds in the front yard.
4). The five o'clock whistle (and organic IPA!) at the Fish Tale Brew Pub.
3). Procession of the Species parade every April.
2). Living in and the view from Swantown Marina.
1.) The vivacious, independent, emotionally intelligent, and supportive women who surrounded me this past year. Strong friends don't hold you in one place, but push you forward. Thanks for the push. Here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment